Esri Canada, Halifax, NS
Click here to access the full job posting and apply.
Esri Canada currently has a need for an Imagery Solutions Specialist. This position will support Esri Canada’s internal and external customer activities in the areas of digital imagery acquisition, processing, storage, analysis and publishing. As the Imagery Solutions Specialist you will provide guidance to our customers, assist with sales initiatives, and support our professional group with imagery-based projects.
Imagery Solutions Specialist Responsibilities include:
- Support sales and delivery of Esri’s imagery products and solutions by providing technical sales support including product demonstrations, presenting at Esri Canada user conferences, webinars, assisting with proposals and presentations, assisting with benchmarks and prototypes, and working with Sales, Marketing and Business Development to develop sales strategies, campaigns, white papers and case studies;
- Support delivery and implementation of Esri’s imagery products by assisting professional services including user requirements and solution definition, imagery specifications and imagery procurements, system architectures, image processing workflows, testing and training;
- Establish and maintain a high degree of technology consultation with Esri Inc.’s imagery product team as well as with Esri Canada’s business partners in the imagery and remote sensing sectors.
- Maintain awareness of emerging trends, production technologies and production practices related to airborne and satellite image sensors, air photo control, LIDAR, digital elevation models, satellite and aerial image processing and analysis, digital ortho processing, image services, photogrammetry, drones, and remote sensing.
- Develop and maintain a high level of knowledge and competence with Esri’s core imagery products such as Site Scan, Image Server, Drone2Map, Image Extension, ArcGIS Excalibur, ArcGIS Pro Stereo Mapping as well as Business Partner imagery solutions.
- Liaise with Esri Inc. and other Esri Distributors’ staff in the areas of imagery and remote sensing.
- Keep abreast of applicable trends, technology, strategies and sales and implementation of applicable Esri products and services, business partner offerings and competitor information worldwide.
Specific Skill Requirements:
- University Degree in Geomatics/GIS, Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing, Surveying, Engineering or related field of study. Alternative education qualifications will be considered – commensurate with applicable career experience.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in image analysis, photogrammetry, remote sensing GIS sectors.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of image formats, processing, workflow, analysis, and publishing.
- Direct experience with applicable industry organizations, associations, agencies and / or committees.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively at the supervisory and management levels.
- Willingness and ability to travel frequently throughout Canada.
Competencies in the following areas are essential:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and team participation skills.
- Leadership - ability to motivate and coach staff and peers by example.
- Customer-focused - ability to manage both internal and external customers.
- Strategic thinking and business acumen.
- Initiative and follow-through ability.
Considered as assets for this position are the following:
- Familiarity and experience with Esri software products.
- Experience with Esri imagery products including ArcGIS Image Server, ArcGIS Pro Image Extension and Drone2Map.
- Experience in solutions definition, service delivery and project management.
- Membership in one or more applicable industry organizations, associations, agencies and / or committees.
- Bilingual (English/French).
Esri Canada provides a dynamic work environment, an opportunity to build your skills with leading tools and technologies and a team-based approach. We offer attractive salaries with an outstanding benefits package. Esri Canada believes in employment equity and welcomes applications from all interested candidates. Efforts to provide accommodation will be made upon request at any stage of the recruitment and hiring process. Please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.