Find full posting and apply HERE.
Tired of the bureaucracy of working for a large company? Want long term work on interesting and challenging projects? Want to be part of a growing local company where you can make a difference?
Strum Consulting, a leader in environmental and engineering consulting since 1995, is expanding our drafting group and has an opening in our Bedford office for an AutoCAD/GIS Technician.
What we offer:
- Excellent pay & benefits
- Work on a wide range of large and small, interesting projects
- Benefit from a leading edge customized project management system
- Be part of a team rather than just a number
- The position requires a highly motivated individual with strong technical background in both civil drafting and GIS systems. At Strum, we provide a professional, energetic team environment that promotes camaraderie, and collaboration which results in low staff turnover.
Desired Skills & Experience
The requirements for this position are:
- A Degree, technical diploma or equivalent training and experience.
- Advanced drafting skills using recent versions of AutoCAD, AutoCAD Civil 3D and ArcGIS
- Experience working with Civil 3D preferred.
- Willingness to learn and work as a member of a team comprised of environmental scientists, biologists, engineers and technicians.
- Strong attention to detail, motivation, and excellent communications skills.
Technical capabilities for our areas of interest shall be:
- Willingness to work on a variety of environmental, and engineering related projects.
- Assist with the preparation of site sketches, engineering drawings including plan and profile drawings, concept plans, site grading plans, site servicing plans, etc.
- Assist with environmental plans on a wide range of projects such as stream restoration, stormwater management, environmental inventory maps, permitting, and graphics for reports.
- Prepare base plans using mapping information supplied by others.
- Maintain detailed notes regarding work.
- Attention to detail and proficiency in using software tools is a must.
- As requested, assist with field review of construction activities. Collect data, and prepare as-built drawings.
- Demonstrated project setup ability and familiarity with common industry protocols including National CAD standards
Strum Consulting is a 50 person consulting company with diverse projects throughout Atlantic Canada. Strum provides engineering and environmental services for a range of clients in the fields of Energy, Transportation and Commercial Developments. Strum also provides assistance to clients with land development projects involving many of the largest developers in Atlantic Canada.
Since 1995, Strum has provided a work environment that encourages career development while maintaining a work life balance in Atlantic Canada. We offer competitive pay, a dynamic work environment, and an excellent benefits package. Please see our website for other opportunities and to learn more about our Team - www.strum.com.