Find the full posting here: http://mikmaqrights.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/2019_GIS-Specialist_Job-Posting.pdf
Kwilmu’kw Maw-klusuaqn Negotiation Office (KMKNO) is seeking a GIS Specialist to build and maintain a GIS that can better integrate internal data sets with external data sets and support geospatial analyses required by KMKNO staff members.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain GIS data management system for KMKNO
- Integrate internal and external data sets
- Respond to requests for mapping information from KMKNO team
- Generate maps and visuals to inform community engagement activities and meetings
- Develop a secured online geoportal for KMKNO
- Digitize data
- A diploma/degree in geomatics technology is essential.
- Experience building / maintaining geodata is considered an asset.
- Experience building / maintaining a geographic information system is considered an asset.
- Good communication skills are a must.
- A strong knowledge of Mi’kmaw communities is an asset.
Travel may be required and the successful applicant must possess a valid driver’s license.
Term: A one-year contract with possibility for renewal dependent upon budgetary approvals
Salary: Commensurate with knowledge and experience
Deadline for applications is December 30th, 2019 at 4:00pm AST
Please forward cover letter and resume with two references to Crystal Dorey at: [email protected] or via fax: (902) 843-3882