Harbourside Geotechnical Consultants (HGC), a consulting engineering firm based in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, is looking for a Junior to Intermediate Geotechnical Technician to join our team. As part of the Harbourside Group of Companies, HGC specializes in geotechnical engineering in support of construction, transportation, and heavy civil infrastructure projects with an emphasis on bridges, marine structures, and construction engineering. Harbourside is one of the fastest-growing engineering groups in Atlantic Canada and have a reputation for working on technically challenging and high-profile projects. As an employee-owned company, Harbourside provides a work environment that fosters engagement and a sense of accountability.
As a geotechnical technician, you will provide support to geotechnical engineers on a wide variety of projects. Under the direction of senior staff, you will aid in the investigation and analyses of geotechnical projects and become part of the day-to-day activities at HGC.
- Performing construction QA/QC monitoring, inspection, and testing
- Laboratory and field testing of soils
- Field supervision of geotechnical investigations
- Assisting engineering staff with project coordination, proposal writing, and report writing
- Performing site visits to gather information, carry out construction site reviews and attend project design and construction meetings
- Help engineering staff develop operating procedures, safety procedures, and laboratory procedures
- Understanding of soils and materials testing
- Valid Nova Scotian driver's licence
- Willingness to travel within and outside of Nova Scotia
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology or a related field
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity, we would like to hear from you. Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume to [email protected]. All applications will be handled in strict confidence.