JOB DESCRIPTION FOR GANS ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR
Job Title: Administrative Coordinator
Position Type: part-time, 12-month term
Reporting to: Board of Directors
Required Travel: 0-10%
Hours: approximately 30-40 hours / month
Renumeration: up to $1000/month to be invoiced monthly
Start Date: February 7, 2018
Application Deadline: January 31, 2018
The Administrative Coordinator reports to the Board of Directors, and is responsible for supporting the organization in achieving its mission and objectives. In program development and administration, the Administrative Coordinator will:
1. Attend Board meetings and assist the Secretary with his / her role during meetings.
2. Carry out the directions of the Board including planning events, communicating with members and supporting the committee’s.
3. Update the Association’s communication channels on a regular basis. To do so, the Administrative Coordinator must have awareness of the current events within the local geomatics community; especially association members.
4. Promote and support participation by volunteers in all areas of the organization's work, especially through committees.
5. Maintain official financial and administrative records and documents, and ensure compliance with provincial regulations.
6. Coordinate all Association events, unless otherwise directed by the Board. In this responsibility, he / she must coordinate a specific number of events annually as set by the Board.
7. Work with the Treasurer to prepare yearly budgets and provide regular budget updates to the Association’s Treasurer.
- Strong background in events planning and communications.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks independently.
- Working knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting.
- Familiarity with the geomatics industry would be an asset.
Hours of Work:
Additional hours can be expected at times when extra support is required for specific events and projects.
It is not expected that the Administrative Coordinator position requires a set office; a home office would suffice. GANS Board meetings take place on the first Wednesday of each month from 3-5pm at the ESRI office in Bedford, Nova Scotia.
Up to $200/month
Expected Duties / percentage of Job:
● Communications and Events related – 50%
● Board support – 30%
● Membership support – 20%
Candidates to apply to GANS at [email protected]
Please note we will only be contacting those applicants we wish to interview for the job.