HALIFAX PORT AUTHORITY
POSITION TITLE: Real Property Assistant (2 year Term)
DEPARTMENT: Real Estate
EFFECTIVE DATE: June 2016
Performs real property functions and administrative duties for Real Estate including Geographical Information System (GIS), review of property grants/documents and real estate related documents, Payment in Lieu of Taxes, and preparing letters and reports as directed by the Manager, Real Property.
The Real Property Assistant reports to the Manager, Real Property. Other positions reporting the Manager, Real Property is a seasonal student and the Lease Administrator with shared reporting with the Manager, Real Estate and Tenant Services.
Regular Duties and Responsibilities
A. Real Property/GIS:
1. Creates maps and inputs and updates data into the GIS System ensuring accuracy.
2. Reconciles square footage of property.
3. Prepares tenant leases.
B. PILT (Property Tax)
1. Assists in reconciliation of Assessment file to HPA’s tenant records.
2. Assists in reconciliation of Halifax Regional Municipality tax file to HPA’s records.
1. Prepares letters and reports for the Manager, Real Property.
2. Responds to general day-to-day queries and escalates as required to the Manager, Real Property.
1. Complies with HPA’s Environmental Management Policy and demonstrates knowledge and adherence to the Environmental Management System (EMS), including associated programs and procedures applicable to daily tasks. Detailed roles and responsibilities are included in the EMS Core Manual.
NOTE: These are only the basic and primary duties; related and allied duties may be assigned from time-to-time as may become necessary to the operation of the Authority.
- Successful completion of Grade 12 with a Geographic Information diploma or post secondary University education with GIS as part of the program.
- One (1) to two (2) years’ work related experience.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and Microsoft Office products.
- Proficient in Geographic Information Systems is essential.
- Familiarity with the PILT Act or Property Tax, legal survey plans, commercial real estate documents would be an asset.
- Above average skill in Excel an asset.
Normal Working conditions, overtime as required.
Able to communicate (verbally and in writing) effectively and professionally both internally and externally. Listens to understand and is able to communicate issues and concerns through the proper channels.
Interacts and cooperates with others in a respectful and supportive manner to assist in accomplishing team objectives.
Prioritizes workload. Understands impact of decisions on others.
Able to make decisions on day to day activity that will move the organization forward.
Demonstrates ability to remain focused and effective under stressful situations. Time lines met and goals accomplished.
Daily work prioritized, planned and carried out effectively. Demonstrates ability to be self directed and self-motivated.
Personal leadership is required to identify gaps between general performance and expectations. Initiates or process and performance improvement.
Accepts the need for change and is able to learn and adjust quickly.
Able to use persuasionin reaching an integrative agreement, or a settlement of some matter that is mutually beneficial to the Authority and its internal and external stakeholders.
Identifies objectives, project scope and resources. Develops and adheres to a critical path and measures and evaluates effectiveness or project.
To apply send your resume and cover letters to Denise Drake - Halifax Port Authority, Human Resources Administrator [email protected]